A slow running computer can sometimes be the most frustrating part of the day. With deadlines and heavy work flows, who has time to wait for the dreaded spinning wheel to disappear? Luckily, we have seven simple yet effective actions to take to regain some of your computer’s speed.
- Power settings are often configured to reduce performance to save power. Adjusting these appropriately will give you a power boost.
- Streaming services such as Pandora, Spotify, Amazon Music, and Netflix can affect speed. If you are attempting to do other tasks and notice a lag, try closing the windows for these applications.
- Regular browser updates are a proactive way to maintain computer speed. Keep in mind these are different from Windows OS updates, which you should also complete when prompted for optimal speed.
- Restarting your computer is a go to problem solver we have heard for years, but doing this at the end of each day can positively affect your computer’s speed.
- Get rid of bloatware. Bloatware is the software that came with your computer such as the “free for 30 days” offers and other items that are installed behind the scenes.
- An excessive number of open tabs on your browser will contribute to a lag in speed. Closing unnecessary tabs will improve this.
- Complete a disk cleanup which is similar to decluttering. This will clear used space on the hard drive that is no longer needed.
Interested in more ways to improve your tech? Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org