If you have been having issues with webcams freezing and locking up when you try to use Zoom, GoToMeetings, Microsoft Teams, Webex, etc. follow the instructions below.
Here is effective way to fix Windows 10 Webcam freezes problem
- Press Windows + R, type regedit and ok to open the windows registry editor.
- Backup registry Database, Then navigate to the following key.
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Media Foundation\Platform
- just right-click inside the right pane and select New>DWORD (32-bit) value.
- Name the new value ‘EnableFrameServerMode’ and make sure its value is set to ‘0’.
Disclaimer: Be careful when tweaking your registry. If you are not comfortable doing this yourself, contact The Tek, we’re here to help! Hello@thetek.com